Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tasting - Sprinkle Chardonnay

Name: Sprinkle
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $7.32
Winery Critic: Golden in color with aromas of ripe apples and tropical fruit, Sprinkle Chardonnay can be enjoyed as it is, with your favorite salad, or with tart desserts like iced lemon cake.
My Review: The chardonnay initially smelled crisp, refreshing, and fruity with hints of pear, banana, and apple. After sniffing the wine again, I smelled hints of honey. The chardonnay tasted fruity with a hint of honey with some slight bitterness. It's weight is also light and watery. I enjoyed my wine with one of the sugar cookies pictured above. I think the cookie may have made the wine seem a little less bitter initially, allowing me to hone-in on the fruity flavors. After I finished my cookie, I tried the wine a few more times. Each time I took a sip, the wine got more and more bitter-tasting. I also currently have a cold, which may have prevented me from tasting the pineapple flavor. I did enjoy the wine and can see how it would pair nicely with a fruit salad or tart desserts. I am interested to see how it tastes with these suggested food items.

No comments:

Post a Comment