Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tasting - Woodbridge Merlot

Name: Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi
Variety: Merlot
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $5.99
Winery Review: Our Merlot has luscious aromas of blackberries and cherries, complemented by flavors of ripe plum with a smooth finish.
My Review: The aromas were pungent as soon as I opened the bottle. Before I even swirled the wine in my glass and sniffed it, I could smell aromas of cranberry, plum, and dark cherry. After swirling and sniffing, I smelled all of these aromas along with hints of pepper. The wine tasted hot and dry - my mouth was literally on fire after the first sip! It also tasted a little flinty and rubbery. I kept trying to taste the fruit flavors I smelled, but I was unsuccessful in doing so. I did not like this wine, and I did not have it with any food. It was much too harsh, dry, aggressive, and hot for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment