Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Freudian Slip Wines - Apple Satin White Port

•Name: Freudian Slip Wines 
•Variety: Port Blend White
•Region: Nashville, Tennessee 
•Country: USA
•Year: 2012
•Price: ~$10
•Winery Review: This spectacular golden-honey colored port wine is marvelously sweet and will remind you of your favorite dessert. Pair this port with tart desserts after dinner, or simply enjoy it on its own.
More about this wine: This port wine was actually a gift to my friend, Becky, from her roommate's father, who crafted this wine. Becky brought it to a social gathering one night and that is how I was able to try this wine.
•My Review: The wine was sickeningly sweet and reminded me a lot of glazed donuts, or the yogurt glaze on top of Special K cereal bars. It was hard to tolerate even a tiny sip of this wine. It smelled just as sweet as it tasted. I would not try this particular port again, just because the sugar-to-acid balance was way off. I did not have this wine with any food that would have affected its flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment