Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tasting - Taproot Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Taproot
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Central Coast
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: ~$10
Winery Review: Our Cabernet Sauvignon has aromas of ripe, dark fruits and warm, toasty oak, Perfectly paired with slow-cooked roast beef,  roasted eggplant with brown butter crumbs or full-flavored firm cheese.
My Review: On the nose, the wine just smelled like typical red wine, without any overwhelming scents of particular fruits other than grapes. The wine tasted like cranberries and was slightly peppery, which I liked. The wine left my mouth a tad dry, however, I really enjoyed this wine! It was smooth and well-balanced. I did not have this wine with any food that would affect its flavor. I will purchase this wine in the future to pair with dinner because it is decent quality for its price.

No comments:

Post a Comment