Friday, February 28, 2014

Tasting - Rex Goliath Zinfandel

Name: Rex Goliath
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: Madera, California
Country: USA
Year: N/A
Price: $5.90
Winery ReviewThis wine screams classic Zinfandel, with an abundance of ripe blackberry and cherry flavors, earthy, spicy, coffee/mocha notes and depth and complexity that really round out the flavor profile!
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled really alcoholic and of blackberries and plum. The wine tasted very tannic and I did not like it. It was hard to decipher the flavors in the wine because it was so dry and tannic that it was distracting (mostly because I was making funny faces and struggling to swish this stuff in my mouth). Some of the flavors I finally tasted after a few tries were blackberries, plums, dark green vegetables (such as spinach and asparagus). The wine also was slightly smokey and was quite chewy. I would definitely not recommend this wine because it was really and tasted how it was priced - cheap. I did not have this wine with any food to affect the flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment