Monday, February 10, 2014

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha

Name: Tres Ojos Garacha
Variety: 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95
Wine Critic Review: "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvĂ©e of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!- I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts.
My Review: On the nose, this wine smelled like cranberries, plums, apricots, and cherries and smelled slightly floral. At first, the wine tasted rubbery and slightly peppery but ended up having a smooth finish of jammy cranberries. The wine was slightly tannic, but I enjoyed it a lot can could tell it was quality wine. I liked this wine and I did not have it with any food.

1 comment: