Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tasting - Arnold Palmer Chardonnay

Name: Arnold Palmer 
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: Regular: $20.00; Sale: $7.95
Winery ReviewA vibrant Chardonnay from vineyards in cooler climates of California. Chardonnay is well known for its characteristic fresh apple fruit aromas and rounded, rich flavors. Weather during the 2011 harvest provided ideal growing conditions for lush, yet perfectly balanced fruit. 
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled like pineapple, peaches, and sweet apples. The taste was similar to the smell, with hints of citrus along with apple and pineapple flavors. I had a cold while tasting this wine, so it may have affected the flavor for me. I liked the wine, but I would be interested in trying it again to see if I can pick up any more aromas or flavors. I did not pair this wine with any food that could have affected its taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment