Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tasting - Villa d' Rosso Toscano

Name: Villa d' Rosso Toscano
Variety: 100% Sangiovese Grapes
Region: Montepulciano 
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95
Winery Review100% sangiovese grapes and is a wonderful rendition of a velvety Tuscan red.
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled jammy and like blackberries, cherries, and strawberries. The taste was sour, mouth-puckering, dry, and had hints of chocolate in the mid palate and aftertaste. The mouth-feel was full-bodied, tannic, and quite chewy. I tasted this wine when I had a cold, so I am interested in seeing what else I would be able to taste or smell if I tried this wine with clear sinuses. However, from what I could taste, I liked this wine and found it interesting. I did not try this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment