Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tasting - Maipe

Name: Maipe
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95
Winery ReviewDeep purple color with violet tints, complex plum, fig, strawberry, spices and floral aromas; rounded and velvety tannins, excellent length with a distinguished character. Excellent when paired with game, roasted red meats, pasta or pizza. 
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled like dark, bitter berries, specifically cranberries and raspberries. The Malbec tasted dry, sour, and of dark berries and plums. The wine was super tannic and I did not like it enough to finish the entire amount poured into my glass. I did not try this wine with any food, however, I think this wine would have paired well with a meaty dinner and would be interested in trying it with a steak. I had a cold while tasting this wine, so it may have affected my perceptions of the aromas/flavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment