Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - Santa Luz Alba

Name: Santa Luz Alba
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Colchagua Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2013
Price: $8.99
Winery Review: A medium-bodied wine offering lemon and pineapple aromas laced with notes of honey. Tropical fruit flavors merger with vibrant acidity on the finish.
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled very fruity, however, the wine was very dry and sour. The fruits I could detect were sour citrus fruits and orange peel which gave the wine an overwhelmingly harsh bitterness. I tried this wine at The Gourmet Pantry and they suggested trying the wine with a piece of herbal cheese. After trying the wine with the cheese, a bit of sweet orange and tangy flavors came forward. The cheese was a lot dryer than the wine, so it also made the wine seem less harsh  and a bit creamier. I did not like this wine by itself and I hated the cheese, but I feel like this wine would have gone excellently with blue cheese (which I like).

No comments:

Post a Comment