Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tasting - Eco Love

Name: R. Wines: Eco.Love
Variety: Riesling
Region: South Island
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: Sale: $18 - $7.95
Winery Review: Our South Island Riesling has a range and combination of flavors unlike any other. These flavors span citrus, root ginger, white peach, spices and florals. Eco.Love Riesling is made in balance to an off-dry style. Food Pairing: Asian Fusion, Seafood, Curry, and anything spicy.
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled like cat pee, petrol, and like the beach. It did not smell super appetizing, but the beach smell made it a little better for me because I love everything about the beach. The wine tasted a lot sweeter than I expected it to after smelling it. It tasted like honeydew melon, peaches, and citrus fruits but was also a little tangy and spicy, similar to what I would expect from the smell. I actually really liked this wine because the flavors were interesting and made up for the weird smell. This is the first Riesling I have had that smells like petrol and cat pee, so it was definitely memorable. I did not have this wine with any food but I would love to try it in the future with seafood or Asian cuisine because I can imagine it pairing nicely with those foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment