Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tasting- Jam Jar Sweet Wine

Name: Jam Jar Sweet Wine
Variety: Moscato Blend
Region: Westiern Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
Winery Review: Soft floral hints add depth to the otherwise straightforward ripe peach and nectarine aromas. There's a good balance in the mouth, with a nice acidic lift and slightly lime edge to cut the sweetness on the finish and close with the faintest hints of honeydew melon.
Personal Review: This Moscato blend smelled like peaches, sweet honeydew melon, and very floral. The wine was super sweet and tasted of honey, nectarines, ripe honeydew melon, and had a hint of lime in the mid-palate, which made it more interesting. I loved this wine and I was excited that I could taste the lime mentioned in the description because I feel like that is a more difficult taste to detect, especially while tasting wine. This is the first wine I have had that included lime as a flavor. I really liked this wine and would definitely recommend it because it takes sweet wine a step beyond the norm. I did not have this wine with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment