Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beajolais Nouveau

Name: Georges Duboeuf Beajolais Nouveau
Variety: Gamay
Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: Regular Price: $15.00; Sale: $7.95
Winery Review:An aromatic red, with floral and white peach notes accenting the black raspberry and plum flavors. This is open-knit and fresh, offering light tannins on the finish. 
- Wine Spectator
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine was very jammy and smelled of blackberries, cranberries, and sort of smelled like a banana fruit smoothie. The wine tasted exactly like it smelled and it was very thick and chewy in my mouth. I liked it a lot and it was really intriguing to me that a banana flavor was included in the wine because I had never had any other wine like this one before. I would definitely recommend trying it out. I did not have any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment