Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tasting - El Sierro

Name: El Sierro
Variety: Mostly Macabeo, 5% Chardonnay
Region: Valencia
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95
Winery Review: In the glass, there is a bright and shiny white wine with an incredibly welcoming, fresh appetizing aroma reminiscent of ripe tropical furits. The flavor is rich, balanced and extremely comfortable. the near-perfect all-purpose white wine. As an additional benefit, and good evidence that El Sierro reflect the new Spain, the bottle is sealed with the technical viewed perfect screw cap that at once eliminates any risk of cork flavor and keeps the fruit and wine fresher for longer time.
Personal Review: On the nose, this wine smelled like pineapple, citrus fruits, almonds, and walnuts. It tasted a little dry but was also sweet with some citrus fruits shining through. I tried this wine when I had a cold, so it may have affected my ability to detect certain aromas and flavors in the wine. However, from what I could taste, I liked the wine but did not think it was special. I did not have this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment